Zámek Klášterec nad Ohří

   
 






kabel1-karta




kd klášterec

kino

knihovna


spolehliva-firma-2017

ZÁMEK KLÁŠTEREC NAD OHŘÍ - idatabaze.czHrady a zámky - idatabaze.cz

Zámek je celoročně přístupný!!!

          Provozní doba:

  • duben až září
    denně 9-17 hodin
  • říjen - březen
    středa až neděle: 9-15 hodin
    Ostatní dny pro organizované skupiny po předchozí závazné rezervaci!!!
logo-zamek


Castle park

Zámecký park


The extensive castle park modified in the English style was founded by Michael Osvald Thun in the second half of the 17th century. Originally a Baroque garden, it was characterized by an effort of symmetric arrangement of the area in front of the castle and sala terrena.

This form was maintained until the fire in 1784. Then a new park began to build in accordance with the changed aesthetic ideas, emphasising the beauty of a free nature. A ramshackle villa was removed and part of loggia, part of sculptures and the fountain were transferred to the town. The park was extended towards the Kyselka by a former deer-park and later on by an area in front of the castle and the vegetable garden near Ohře.

Also a part of the English park, is the renovated baroque building of sala terrena opposite the castle, creating by its architecture a cultural and social environment where an afternoon concerts of our as well as foreign music groups take place in the summer months. Statues and sculptures from the 17th century, created by excellent Baroque sculptor of German origin, Jan Brokoff put the finishing touches to monumental beauty not only of this structure.

Zámecký park Zámecký park Zámecký park

Other changes were also associated with an extensive fire. The conflagration in the year 1856 destroyed not only the castle, but also part of the adjacent farm buildings, brewery and the mill. After that, Osvald Thun let to pull down all the mansions and he bought out also the private houses in order to extend the castle park for a romantic corners around the river. The new park was projected by the Klášterec chief gardener Čeněk Stibal. The project was under the leadership of Osvald Thun, who himself was an expert in dendrology. In the second half of the 19th century, the original Central European tree species had been beginning to supplement with more and more exotic rarities. The whole park getting an educational subtext, the names of tree species are listed on the porcelain tables.

The park was no longer maintained after the Second World War. Its careful maintaining have begun again in the 1960s. Today's park covers an area of almost 10 hectares and there are more than 220 tree species from all around the world. In addition to many dendrological rare species and extraordinary trees from different parts of the world, the precious "maidenhair tree" grows there. This species is native to East Asia and originate in the ancient Ginkgo genus. The Ginkgo Biloba is the only extant species to this very day within its group. The leaves are unique among seed plants, being fan-shaped with veins radiating out into the leaf blade. It is one of the best-known examples of a living fossil.

Photo gallery - castle park
Zámecký park Zámecký park Zámecký park
Zámecký park Zámecký park Zámecký park
Zámecký park Zámecký park Zámecký park