Zámek Klášterec nad Ohří

   
 






kabel1-karta




kd klášterec

kino

knihovna


spolehliva-firma-2017

ZÁMEK KLÁŠTEREC NAD OHŘÍ - idatabaze.czHrady a zámky - idatabaze.cz

Zámek je celoročně přístupný!!!

          Provozní doba:

  • duben až září
    denně 9-17 hodin
  • říjen - březen
    středa až neděle: 9-15 hodin
    Ostatní dny pro organizované skupiny po předchozí závazné rezervaci!!!
logo-zamek


Personalities

Jan Brokoff

This carver and sculptor of German origin was born in Spišská Sobota, Slovakia into a Lutheran family. He later converted to Catholicism to be able to artistically form without restraint. After 1680 Brokoff moved to Bohemia. Lots of sculptures attributed to him, mainly in western and northwestern Bohemia, and in particular the first statue of Charles Bridge, which is Saint John of Nepomuk. In 1681 he created a wooden model in Ronšperk near Domažlice, according to which the bronze statue has been cast. Now it stands on the right railing of Charles Bridge. Another St. John's sculptures can be found in Poběžovice, Tachov, Jirkov, Chomutov, etc. For the Church of St. Barbara in Manětín Brokoff carved figures of Bohemian saints. The peak of his work is reflected in the cycle of wooden statues in Tachov. He made a number of sculptures in Klášterec nad Ohří and interesting decoration of fireplace in the Libochovice castle in the so-called Saturn Hall.
Brokoff appeared in Klášterec nad Ohří in 1685 at the invitation of the owner of local estate Osvald Thun. It was here that he created an allegorical sculptural works such as statue of Triton in the fountain in front of the castle, statues of the Four Seasons in the side hallway of Salla terrena, that were situated at the fountain in the square until 1963, or the busts of three Turks, etc. His son, Michael Johann Joseph Brokoff came into being right here. In the year 1687 he moved to Červený Hrádek, where the most famous holder of the Brokoff's name, Ferdinand Maximilian was born.
Jan Brokoff with his family permanently settled in Prague around the year 1692 and he opened his own large workshop, where the sons were helping him. In the year 1693 they decorated Tuscan Palace in Hradčany with the seven allegorical figures of free arts at the attic and two decorative coat of arms on the face of building. The statuary of Lamenting of the Christ for the Charles Bridge (now in hospital under the Petřín hill) came into existence in 1695. Around the year 1706 a creative revival turned up in the work of Brokoff's workshop, thanks to strengthening of cooperation between the two sons. Statues in Radeč, Benešov, and especially in Votice, at the main altar in the Saint Wenceslas church were originating at that time. Old Jan Brokoff led the workshop until his death, but the two sons were playing increasingly important role in it. Jan Brokoff died in 1718 and the owner of the workshop had become his older son Michael Johann. After his death in 1721 Ferdinand Maximilian took over all artistic leadership.

Zámek Zámek Zámek
Sculptural group of St. Alžběta
Markéta and Barbora
(1707)
Statue of Triton
in the castle's fountain in
Klášterec nad Ohří
(1685)
Socha
Statue of St. John of Nepomuk
on the Charles Bridge
(1683)